I met Anja on the 1st of October 2011. We had both just moved into the same share house. We lived in a huge house with 8 other girls ... That’s right there were 10 girls living in one house!
There’s a number of years difference between us but neither of us seem to notice this so much any more. Yes we’re at different stages in our lives but considering I’m hoping to go back to school soon then everything will change again. And Anja has been a big supporter of me being creative and writing and pursuing film making.
Anja has been through a lot recently. A few years ago she was diagnosed with cancer and her life changed. Instead of thinking about school and boys and friends she was thinking about Doctors visits and pain and depression and death. When we were living together in the big house (as I like to call it) she understandably struggled with a lot of things and I think we bonded over our hatred of cancer.
She’s now in remission and changing her life again. She’s getting that cute little glow about her that sort of went away for a while. She’s about to finish school and start something new.
Tonight I was desperate to see her.
Someone recently came back into my life who I thought I had said goodbye to. I found myself having to say goodbye for a second time and for some reason became incredibly emotional about it.
I couldn’t go straight home after work and thankfully she was free to meet me.
We met in The Bay to drink free espresso from the nespresso store. She had been drinking booze since midday and looked stunning! I had been crying and had no makeup on.
We both had boy stories to share, both of them a little bit sad and made us a bit teary, but in between the free espresso and the sad stories we laughed. And we don’t laugh delicately, we laugh big gut shaking laughs. We laughed until I had to put my head on the counter because it was too much.
After trying on lipsticks (Anja was trying to look like a Victorias Secret model) and searching for the perfect shoe (which of course I couldn’t find) we shared fries and talked about our futures.
Until someone farted in the restaurant and we both got the giggles and tried to figure out where the dreadful smell had come from.
That’s what it’s like with Anja ... Serious talk and then BOOM we’re talking about farts or pooh. I’d like to be able to blame her but I’m pretty sure a lot of the fart talking comes from me.
Then somehow I’m telling her the story about how I pee’d myself in year 8 and she’s practically choking on a fry because 13 is way too old to be wetting myself ... It’s not my fault I couldn’t use the washrooms at school! Anyway it’s a true story and I own it.
All my embarrassing stories are somehow awesome when I’m telling them to Anja.
And the reason why I think of her when I’m wearing thong underwear is because one day she took a great interest in my bottom. She loudly proclaimed in the middle of Ikea that my ass would look better if I wore a thong. I tend to disagree with her but ever since then .... Whenever I wear one I think of her.
It’s not weird it’s just friendship.
=) Yes Isn't friendships great like that.
ReplyDeletewhat some call weird. we call friendship. ;)
Thanks for sharing. I had a good read. ;)
Take care & God Bless!