Friday, April 12, 2013

You're not boring but I don't want to marry you

Mr A:
"You're not boring but I don't want to marry you”.
“But we can still go out".

Shannan:
"No. No we can't".

And that was it.

There are positive things about not being in a relationship with Mr A.
To make myself feel better I decided to compile a list!

Now that I’m not with Mr A I don’t have to …..:

·       Join a gym and get skinny (yes these were actual words out of his mouth)

·       Buy a tv – because apparently watching movies on my laptop was offensive

·       Clean my bedroom

·       Shave my legs

·       Keep my eyebrows plucked

·       Stop being so kind to people (apparently I’m too kind)

I guess I’m just planning on getting fat and hairy and being really really nice to everyone … that’s ok right?

Seriously, I guess I knew that this relationship wasn’t going to go anywhere but I admit it was so nice if only for the shortest time that someone wanted me and pursued me and only me. That he didn’t want to date me and also 3 other women.

Maybe I’m done with dating again.  I said that in early January and a couple of months later I was back at it but maybe this is it …. but don’t quote me on that.

Anyway, I’m hoping I won’t have time for dating soon. I have applied to go to school in September and fingers crossed I’ll have an interview and be accepted into the program very soon.

If it all goes my way I’ll be unemployed and a full time student studying documentary making.
Yes people this is BIG NEWS! I expect rapturous applause and numerous kudos coming my way (well if I get accepted that is).

Until then I shall surround myself with gorgeous girlfriends and wine …. Lots of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment