The Monday night date. I’ve done it a couple of times and once, once it was amazing. But this time it wasn’t so great.
Clearly I wasn’t super excited about it as I rocked up wearing toms (canvas shoes) and my hair was wet.
But I went to a bit of an effort, there was eyeliner involved so for me that’s a lot!
I’m not the kind of girl that gets really dressed up on a date. I never wear a dress on a first date, although I once bought a dress to go on a date with a boy but didn’t end up wearing it.
So back to my Monday night date.
We weren’t meeting until 9.30 and on a Monday night that feels late for me, all my other girlfriends are in their PJs at 9.30 on a Monday night and I was having to haul ass to a bar to meet a stranger.
I sat down and waited for him, the barman came over and was he ever cute! I kind of wished that my date wouldn’t turn up and I could just chat with the barman for the rest of the night.
It turns out the bar was closing at 10pm so clearly this was going to be a speed date.
As he walked in the door I knew straight away ... He had lied! His photos weren’t what he really looked like and I was annoyed. I’m not mean, I’m just aware that we all have to be physically attracted to the person we’re meeting.
I’m well aware that I’m not the size 0 blonde, big boobed girl and I know that given the chance most boys will choose my hot, super slim friend Amy over me. I get it. I accept it. I know where I am on the scale of physical attractiveness.
What a waste of eyeliner - that’s all I kept thinking all night.
He was fun, we laughed, he wanted to talk about dating stories and we all know I’ve got a few rippers to bring to the table and jeepers he had some crazy chick stories.
He offered to drive me home and he opened the car door for me (these are the things that chicks love but somehow it just made me feel awkward). When he got to my place (not that I let him know where I live, because I’m sensible) he jumped out of the car to open my door again and I insisted that I can actually open the door myself. It was that awful moment where he went in for a kiss and I just turned my head and let him kiss my cheek.
Oh man, tomorrow is going to be awkward.
A waste, such a waste of eyeliner!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! ~Tish.
ReplyDeleteDon't awwwww me Laetitia! If you were there you wouldn't have been awwwwing you would have been eeewwwing.
DeleteWas he at least SORT of KIND OF decent looking??
ReplyDeleteMaybe in a parallel universe. A universe where aliens rule the world and I have a pet unicorn.
DeleteHahahahaha! You made me snort out my iced coffee. HAHAAHASDRFTGHDFGYHJ. ~Tish.
ReplyDeleteWell now, that was all worth it then!
DeleteIf I told you what exactly was wrong with the guy, you would die ... DIE I tell you.
You'd probably lose a prosthetic leg because it's so funny and slightly embarrassing.