That’s right, I lost a toenail! I bet you want to hear all about it .... No? You don’t? You want to hear about the boyfriend?
Oh, ok.
Yes, believe it or not I have a boyfriend. A proper, live, male, boyfriend.
He’s alright. Ok, he’s quite nice. I don’t really know how to gush about a boy.
It’s only early days but he’s already made me cry so I guess I must like him.
Note to boys - breaking up with a girl as an April Fools joke isn’t funny, it’s NOT funny.
Anyway.
Before I met Mr. A, I met some interesting men.
Where do I begin?
First there was Matt. He was very funny, which of course I really like. But when he said on our first (and only) date that he didn’t want to get married but just ‘knock a bitch up’ I kind of started to have second thoughts.
Then there was Justin (I think that was his name), He spent the whole night talking about conspiracy theories and the similarities between his life and Jesus life. He kept saying that he didn’t get many second dates, I can’t imagine why??!!
But when he told me about how all the lava in his lava lamp formed into a man giving the hitler salute - that was when I really wanted to run out the door.
Finally there was Chris. He asked me how many babies I wanted to have. On the first date! It was just way too intense for me, I felt like he was just looking for a baby incubator. And he also kept hugging me which just weirded me out.
Sprinkled in between these guys there were numerous email conversations with lots of other men and I had a lot of interesting propositions which I very delicately declined.
And then there was Mr. A.
A guy I never thought I’d go on a date with. I did it as more of a ‘what the hell’ moment, which I’ve found you have to do a lot of when you’re online dating.
The thing I’ve realised is that dating can be a lot of work but once you’re in a relationship it brings a whole bunch of other issues like trust and vulnerability. Being vulnerable makes me feel a little bit sick but I’m doing ok at it. I have to stop myself from thinking that it’s all going to end any moment now, that one day he’s going to wake up and realise that I’m actually very boring or that he’s really not as into me as he thinks he is. But I guess I could feel the same way.
So now can I tell you about the toenail? No? You still don’t want the gory details?
Sheesh! Alright.
Til next time ... Which I hope is soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment