Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Beginning

I once went on a date with a guy that was so hot I had to excuse myself to go to the washroom and stare at myself in the mirror in amazement that someone so attractive would go on a date with me.
Then there was the guy who lost interest in me when he found out that I couldn’t ski or snowboard and wasn’t a heavy drinker.
And let’s not get started on the blinking magician.  That is, a magician who blinked a lot!
Or the crazy guy who talked about wet lesbians.

But never fear this blog won’t solely be about my dating adventures but I’m sure there will be some amusing stories to share along the way.

My name is Shannan, I live in Canada and I’m from Australia.  I wear my heart on my sleeve, I’m direct, honest, sensitive, slightly over emotional at times, I have a high dependency on chocolate and I’m creative.

I want to change the world but I guess I just don’t know how to do that right now.  And that makes me a bit sad and a little anxious.  I want amazing things for my life and I’m hoping that 2013 will be the start of something big.

I feel like my creativity is just busting to get out of me right now and this blog is a way for me to work on my writing skills, entertain myself and others and also share some of my life with those people who aren’t on facebook (yes, I actually know people not on facebook).
I don’t imagine that all my blogging will be humorous as I feel lately that I’ve been faking a lot of things and I want my blog to be a more genuine reflection of where I’m at.

Maybe I’ll lose interest or life will get too busy to blog but I’m hoping I don’t turn into one of those people that start talking about recipes and patchwork or home renovations.
Oh who am I kidding?  I love cooking and I’m great with a cordless drill and a tin of paint.  I can definitely admit I won’t talk about patchwork, I tried to make a quilt for my best friends 30th birthday and she’s still waiting for it and that was 4 years ago.

Perhaps this is just a form of therapy for me.  And I think that’s ok too.

No comments:

Post a Comment