Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love Slut


I am a love slut.

And by that I mean I love to tell people I love them.
I don’t think people say it enough.

I say it a lot at work.
Which is weird, I know.

But I’m hoping it’s just one of the many reasons why people like me.  
And put up with my quirkiness.

I also hug a lot.
And touch bottoms.
And rub stomachs.
All weird, work inappropriate and at times a little awkward.

I’m not telling people I love them so that they’ll say it back to me.  I just hope that it makes them feel cared for.

And when I run across the office to hug someone I don’t expect them to do the same to me.

But it takes two people to hug!
And they may try and resist it at the start but at the end they’re totally into the hug.

I even tell men I work with that I love them.
And it’s not me being gross or sexual, it’s me appreciating that some of the men I work with are also very awesome.

In fact I love one man so much that I want to get a t-shirt made up with “I love (and then his name)”.

This week I have been telling one of the women I work with that I love her a lot.  Because I do.  She is quirky and odd and sweet and a hell of a hard worker.
She’s not so much a hugger like me but she will sneak up to me and start massaging my shoulders to get all the tension out.  Or she’ll call me ‘lovely’.  That’s her way of showing love.

Everybody has their own way of showing love.

When I was at the pub watching the Superbowl on Sunday my friends husband (who had organised the event) said to me, “Shannan I can’t believe you came to watch when you know nothing about American football”.  He said, “When I sent the email out you responded so quickly with a yes”.  “Why did you respond so quickly?”.
And I just smiled and said “Because I love you”.
He had a grin a mile wide!

I called my Dad on the way home tonight.  We haven’t spoken for a couple of weeks.
I always tell him that I love him before I hang up.
Sometimes when I tell him he makes a joke of it and says “everybody loves your Dad”.  And I just roll my eyes.
But normally I just tell him and know that he won’t say it back, but that’s ok because I know that he really does love me.
But tonight ... Tonight he told me he loved me too.

And it really does feel great.

So I’ll continue being a love slut.
And I encourage you to do the same.

Love you!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

    *I* LOVE YOU, SHANNAN.

    Even more than I love Sherlock Holmes.

    Even more than I love *Benny* Sherlock Holmes.

    Tish.

    xx

    ReplyDelete